Kay County Sheriff Logs April 13-19May 2, 2019 | Police
The following information is provided by the Kay County Sheriff’s Department.
- At 2:24 a.m. Tonkawa police contacted KSO and reported they received a 911 call reporting a car in the pond near Spruce Street. Deputies, TPD and Oklahoma Highway Patrol responded. All three subjects got out of the vehicle. A resident later called and reported one of the occupants was in the 1900 block of Public was yelling for help. Ambulances responded to the two areas. At 3:25 p.m authorities confirmed all occupants were accounted for. The driver was transported to the hospital in Blackwell. At 9:45 a.m. a resident contacted KSO and reported a phone found at the crash scene. A trooper retrieved the phone.
- At 1:28 p.m. a deputy responded to 1910 west Highway 60 and took a report on missing items.
- At 5:17 p.m. deputies and troopers assisted Tonkawa police in searching for Clint Jaren Armstrong, 35, who is charged in district court with domestic assault and battery by strangulation. After searching under bridges and other locations, authorities pinged his phone to 308 N. Sixth Street where he was arrested. On April 26 he was granted an O.R. bond in the amount of $20,000 and is now set for a status docket on May 17.
- At 4 p.m. KSO received a call reporting an assault in Kaw City. The victim went to the hospital. A deputy arrested the suspect and a report was taken.
- At 4:18 p.m. KSO made a report on a burglary reported at the State Line Tavern. An air conditioner was among the items taken.
- At 10:48 p.m. Noble County requested assistance from KSO at the county line in reference to a pursuit that ended north of Cowboy Hill.
- At 1:09 p.m. a Noble County deputy requested a deputy assist him in serving a trespass wanting to a resident in the 100000 block of S. O Street.
- At 9:45 p.m. deputies responded to Interstate 35 mile marker 235 near Braman for reports of semis rolled over
- At 12:27 p.m. KSO received a report a report from Ponca that an ambulance was responding to a report of a car in a ravine on south Longwood Road. The vehicle was unoccupied and had been reported stolen out of Ponca City earlier.
- At 12:46 p.m. a deputy responded to a location near Highland and Highway 177 for a report of a subject sitting on a bridge. Prudencio Rafael Mendoza, 21, Ponca City, was arrested on a warrant, booked in the county jail and held on $540.33 bond.
- At 3:47 p.m. deputies responded to a resident on North Enterprise and took a report and issued a warning in reference to a dog who keeps eating the neighbor’s chickens. The next day at 2:34 p.m. the resident called and reported the dog was back and that she ran it off but a chicken was missing. A deputy responded. The chicken was found and the dog owners reported they were taking the dog to Blackwell.
- At 1:10 a.m. KSO was advised that an Otoe officer was assaulted by a female at First Council Casino. BIA handled the called. At 3:52 a.m. KSO was notified of a disgruntled employee threatening to leave and come back and shoot employees and patrons at the casino. Otoe police responded and Edwin Fair contacted. They declined to issue an emergency order of detention and the subject was released.
- At 3:43 p.m. a Braman resident reported his neighbor’s tree fell on his house. A deputy provided options.