Fire destroys home in the McCord area

November 14, 2022 | Featured|Headlines

MCCORD — Fire destroyed a two story house this weekend on Adams Road in the McCord area.

McCord fire chief David Rush said that firefighters arrived on scene just after midnight Sunday morning to find the home burning.

Rush said firefighters believe that the fire was started by a wood burning stove.

“An outside wall caught fire first and burned to the deck. The wind was out of the north and it pushed the flames through the house.” Rush said Osage Cove Fire Department sent a truck and Ranch Drive sent two trucks to assist his five trucks in battling the blaze and that firefighters were on scene until 4 a.m.

“Everything was frozen and the cold became unbearable for the guys. There were fingers and toes were frozen.”

Rush said firefighters returned to the scene about 10 a.m. to do an overhaul of the debris and did find one of the family’s pets deceased.

With winter setting in, Rush reminds residents to have their heating sources cleaned and or checked by a professional.

The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family of two.

Anyone who is interested in assisting the family can contact Rush at 580-716-3307.

Latest Headlines
Legal Headlines
Story Comments

Story comments are disabled for launch. Feel free to visit our Facebook page or Twitter profile to interact with other readers.