More Bernie Bobbleheads availableOctober 22, 2021 | Sports
The original Bernie Sanders Inauguration Day Mittens Bobblehead was unveiled on Inauguration Day and quickly became a best-seller. The new bobbleheads feature a standing version, and new versions of the sitting bobblehead including an Ornament, a Dashboard Mini, and a Mantle Mate. The special edition bobbleheads were produced by the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum.
The original Bernie Sanders Inauguration Day Bobblehead commemorates the viral moment when Sanders was pictured watching the Inauguration ceremony to swear in Joe Biden as the nation’s 46th President. The bobblehead features a masked Sanders, wearing a jacket and mittens, sitting on a folding chair with his legs crossed on a white podium base.
The new bobbleheads, which all just arrived and ship now, are available exclusively from the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum and are detailed below:
• Ornament ($20) – The original bobblehead turned into a four-inch ornament that bobbles.
• Dashboard Mini ($20) – This four-inch version of the original version is perfect for the dashboard of a car.
• Standing ($25) – Prior to finding his seat at the inauguration ceremony, Bernie was captured walking down the stairs holding an envelope and what appeared to be a check while wearing the viral mittens. That moment is now captured in bobblehead form as well.
• Mantle Mate ($25) – This version sits perfectly on any table, mantle, desk, shelf.
• A limited number of the original bobblehead are available in the Hall of Fame and Museum’s Online Store for $25.
To date, the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum has sold close to 30,000 of the original Bernie Sanders Inauguration Day Bobbleheads, making it the second best-selling bobblehead in the museum’s history behind the original Dr. Anthony Fauci Bobblehead. The bobblehead of Sister Jean Dolores Schmidt, the 101-year-old basketball team chaplain at Loyola University Chicago, held the top spot before the Fauci and Sanders bobbleheads. The success of the original bobblehead led to a $10,000 donation to Meals on Wheels Vermont (AgeWellVT.org).
Political bobbleheads were some of the earliest bobbleheads available for purchase starting in 1960. John F. Kennedy was the first politician captured in bobblehead form and bobbleheads of presidents, candidates, and other political figures have remained popular ever since. Bobbleheads of all 46 United States Presidents have now been produced with the “Neglected Presidents” Series filling in the missing president bobbleheads.
“It’s been fun to see how much people have enjoyed the original Bernie Sanders Inauguration Day Mittens Bobblehead and when we started receiving requests for additional versions, we got to work,” National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum co-founder and CEO Phil Sklar said. “We think people will really enjoy these new bobbleheads featuring the viral moments.”