Wildcats set to travel to Bixby for Friday night lightsOctober 26, 2020 | Headlines|Sports
BIXBY — The Ponca City Wildcat Football Team is scheduled to travel to Bixby to take on the Spartans on Oct. 30 at 7 p.m.
The Cats are 3-4 overall and 2-3 in district play. They lost the season opener to Enid 17-19. In week two, they traveled to McLain in Tulsa and won 22-23. The next week they lost at home to Sand Springs,10-35. They then lost to the Choctaw Yellowjackets, 20-14. They rebounded the next week by defeating Putnam City West during Homecoming weekend by a score of 21-7. The following week, they defeated the Bartlesville Bruins in Bartlesville by a score 10-7. Last week the Wildcats were defeated by Booker T. Washington, 34-7.
The game was tied at 7 at halftime before the Hornets stung the Wildcats in the secondhand with a punt returned for a touchdown and a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown.
The Spartans are undefeated. Their game against the Muskogee Roughers was cancelled last week because of a positive COVID-19 test on the Muskogee team.
Those planning to attend the game in Bixby are asked to follow Bixby’s guidelines which includes the following.
For a preview of the game click here.
- Tickets for the game may be purchased via GoFan using this link (https://gofan.co/app/events/103928), no cash sales.
- PCPS has been allotted 500 tickets. If fans have an issue purchasing tickets on GoFan, please have them refresh their browser. Attendees need to have their ticket pulled up and ready to redeem on their phone prior to arriving at the gate. This will allow them to enter faster.
- Administrators attending the game should enter through our northwest pass gate with their pass and an ID.
- Masks are REQUIRED and social distancing is strongly recommended.
- No inflatable helmets or tunnels allowed for the visiting team to run through.