Annual Spring Clean up March 28-April 4March 27, 2020 | Headlines
PONCA CITY — Ponca City Spring Cleanup will be held March 28 thru April 4.
Solid Waste crews will pick up most trash and haul it away, or residents can haul it to the landfill themselves and get rid of it for free. Crews will pick up any extra items placed in your regular pickup area EXCEPT the following:
- • Poisons, acids, and caustics
- • Car batteries
- • Explosives
- • Body wastes
- • Large bulky objects such as automobile frames
- • Tires
- • Items or materials containing Freon, PCB, etc.
- • Items that could cause damage to collection equipment or personal injury to collectors
- • Dirt, rocks, concrete and other debris resulting from construction or demolition
- • Dead animals, animal excreta, etc. that has not been wrapped and tightly sealed in moisture proof wrapping
- • Logs greater than 8 inches in diameter and longer than 4 feet or weighing more than 75 pounds
- • Brush that is not bundled, longer than 4 feet in length and weighing more than 75 pounds
- • Containers larger than 35 gallons
Landfill Dumping Guidelines Citizens must show a current PCUA Utility Bill with trash service. The address on the PCUA bill and their driver’s license must match. In an effort to discourage unauthorized commercial dumping, vehicles larger than a pickup or trailer will be charged standard landfill fees.
There is a limit of six loads per resident.
Loads are defined as: Pickup bed = 1 load
Pickup bed+ single axle trailer = 2 loads
Pickup bed+ double axel trailer = 3 loads
During the Annual Spring Clean-Up, the landfill will accept tires that are 24 inches or smaller.
Tires on rims, tractor tires, and heavy equipment tires will not be accepted! Tires must be placed in the designated area for tires at the landfill.
For more information on the City of Ponca City go to www.poncacityok.gov