NOC Criminal Justice students earn awardsNovember 5, 2019 | Headlines
Ponca City student earns first place
Submitted By SCOT CLOUD | NOC Public Information
SAN ANTONIO, Tex. — The Criminal Justice Society at Northern Oklahoma College competed in the American Criminal Justice Association Regional Conference and Competition in San Antonio, Texas.
The Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma Endowment grant through the NOC foundation, enabled 10 students to attend the event cost free. Students competed in a wide variety of Criminal Justice related events to include Crime Scene Investigation, Physical Agility Testing, Firearm shooting and Knowledge Exams on Criminal Law, Juvenile Justice, Police Procedure and Corrections. Troy Cochran, chapter advisor, was very proud of his group that competed.
“We were the only Oklahoma school at the competition out of a six state region,” said Troy Cochran, chapter advisor. “The Executive Board of the Regional competition voted and confirmed that our chapter will host next year’s competition in Oklahoma and planning is already underway. Overall it was a great time and a great success for our students representing Northern Oklahoma College, Criminal Justice Society and the State of Oklahoma,” Cochran added. “We look forward to the next competition.”
The following NOC students received awards:
• Hayden Cantrell, Ponca City – First Place Criminal Law Knowledge Exam
• Gracie Laird, Morrison – First Place Police Management Knowledge Exam
Dallas Wills, Fairfax – Second Place Team Firearms
• Brett Ward, Tonkawa – Third Place Crime Scene Investigation Team, Third Place Team Firearms
• Richard LaRue, Fairfax – Third Place Crime Scene Investigation Team, Third Place Team Firearms Investigative Team
• Joe Milligan, Tonkawa – Second Place Police Management Knowledge Exam, Third Place Crime Scene Investigation, Third Place Team Firearms
• Troy Cochran, Team Advisor, – First Place Police Management Knowledge Exam Pro Division, First Place Criminal Law Knowledge Exam Pro Division, Second Place Juvenile Justice Knowledge Exam Pro Division, Second Place Corrections Knowledge Exam Pro Division, Top Academic Overall Award.