Po-Hi Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m.September 8, 2019 | Featured|Headlines
PONCA CITY — The Ponca City High School Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is set for 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26 at the Carolyn Renfro Event Center, 445 Fairview Avenue.
Tickets are on sale at the Ponca City School Administration Office, 613 E. Grand. Tickets are $5 each and include dinner, or a reserved table for 8 may be purchased for $500. This year’s inductees are:
• Truman Smith, a decorated WWII bomber pilot who graduated in 1942. Smith died on Feb. 2, 2011.
• Ponca City High School math teacher and 1947 graduate Andrew Lloyd Gelmers. Gelmers died on Feb. 1, 2018.
• American football player and former defensive coordinator with the Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks, Thomas Allen Catlin, class of 1949. Catlin died on June 7, 2008.
• Attorney Frederick Lawrence “Fred” Boettcher, class of 1957. Boettcher died on June 9, 2019.
• Attorney Norma Davenport, class of 1961. • Author Laura Starks, class of 1976. • Former Ponca City Police chief and current U.S. Marshal Clayton Johnson, class of 1979. Johnson was appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as the U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of Oklahoma on Aug. 22, 2011. For more information call 580-767-8000.