KSO logs, Aug. 6 and Aug. 10August 11, 2019 | Police
The following information is provided by the Kay County Sheriff’s Department.
• At 12:20 p.m. KSO received a report of a steer stuck in a fence for at least 48 hours at the intersection of Adobe Road and Pecan. There was also a report of a cow that had been hit in the same area. A deputy responded and reported the cow was stuck in the mud. The owner was contacted and the steer and the cow were saved.
• At 1:47 p.m. a deputy advised a vehicle passed him doing 107 mph on Highway 77. The vehicle pulled over by Lowe’s. The driver’s passenger was unresponsive so the deputy escorted her to the hospital.
• At 2:09 p.m. a Tonkawa woman advised KSO she was involved in a domestic with her husband and that she posted the video to her Facebook and that she wanted a deputy who is fair. A Department of Human Services worker contacted KSO and reported there was a referral for the residence. Bobby Daniel Largent, 62, was arrested and booked in the jail.
• At 5:14 p.m. KSO reported S Street buckled south of Doolin. Commissioner Jack Godberson was advised.
• At 10:05 p.m. a deputy assisted PCPD inserting a warrant at 837 N. Elm.
• At midnight a deputy responded to a report of an underage drinking party in the 10000 L.A. Cann. An ambulance was dispatched to the location for a 14 -year-old who is believed to have taken something. The teen was transported to the hospital. At 1:46 a.m. a subject contacted KSO and reported while they were at the party, someone stole two billfolds from their car.
• At 1:22 a.m. KSO was notified of a lady sitting on the edge of the Kelly Bridge as if she was going to jump.
• At 5:33 a.m. Blackwell police notified KSO that a vehicle hit the bridge outside of Blackwell.
• At 4:40 p.m. the Kansas Highway Patrol notified KSO the they were searching for a black Honda involved in a road rage incident 17 miles north of the state line on Interstate 35. All Kay County law enforcement and OHP were advised.
• At 6:25 p.m. deputies assisted PCPD in the 1400 block of east South Ave. for a report of a code black.
• At 7:07 p.m. a resident notified KSO that he found a wallet on Canteen Road with a Stillwater ID in it. The owner was notified.
• At 8:48 p.m. deputies assisted PCPD at a code black reported at Broadway Plaza. A family member was notified.